Beginners fun with computers and coding
In this free two-hour workshop, students ages six to eight will learn the basics about how computers work and have fun with hands-on introductory coding activities.
By the end of the workshop, participants will:
• Complete basic coding challenges.
• Understand the essentials about how computers work.
• Turn the tables and “teach” adults how to complete a coding activity.
Play and MakeCode with Minecraft
In this free two-hour coding workshop, students ages eight and up will play in Minecraft while they learn how to code with the Microsoft MakeCode platform. They will program an Agent robot to complete challenges and even change the weather, or as they say in the world of Minecraft: they’ll make it rain ocelots and wolves!
By the end of this workshop, participants will have:
• Increased confidence in their technical and coding skills.
• Improved their computational and creative thinking.
• Read and understand code in the MakeCode environment.
• Programmed code in Minecraft to change the weather and control an agent.
Get creative with 3D in Windows 10 camp
The world we live in is multidimensional, so shouldn’t our art be as well? Students ages 13 and up will bring their imaginations to life by learning about the new Paint 3D app for Windows 10. This two-hour workshop offers a high-energy, collaborative environment for participants to fuel their creativity and learn key tools and features of the 3D app.
At the end of the workshop, participants will have:
• Learned the fundamentals of the Paint 3D app and all about the Remix3D.com community.
• Learned how to express their ideas in three dimensions by creating their own 3D designs.
These sessions will be run by Staff from Microsoft.