NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
Secular, Eclectic, Academic, Inc. (“SEA”)
- Eligibility: Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to any member of the SEA Facebook private group or anyone registered for SEA’s newsletter or website. Family members of those individuals are also eligible to participate. The sweepstakes is not open to those living where the Sweepstakes is prohibited by law. It is up to the participant to know their local laws. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of SEA, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes will start February 15, 2017 and end on or about May 3, 2017. All online entries must be received by 11:59PM EST on May 3, 2017. Since there will be weekly random drawings from those reviews submitted during the preceding week, reviews can be submitted anytime beginning February 15, 2017. The first weekly drawing will be held by 11:59PM EST on February 21, 2017 from those reviews received during the first week of the Sweepstakes Period. Every seven days thereafter, for 11 more weeks, subsequent weekly drawings will be held, drawing from those reviews received during subsequent weeks.
- How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting a review, or reviews, using the online form provided on the SEA Homeschoolers website. The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of SEA. All reviews must be for secular products as defined by SEA. To view SEA’s definition for what constitutes secular click here: http://seahomeschoolers.com/definitions-constitutes-secular-academic-materials/ You may enter as many reviews as you want if you have actually used the reviewed products. You must fill in the information on the review form and include relevant personal commentary to better describe your experience with the reviewed product. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of SEA.
- Prizes: Winners of the weekly drawings will receive a $25 Amazon gift card. After eleven weekly drawings have been held, all reviews received from the beginning of the Sweepstakes will be placed back into a final random drawing. The winner of this final drawing will receive a $100 Amazon gift card. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for SEA to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible reviews received.
- Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Sweepstakes with within five (5) days following the winner selection. SEA shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering a review you understand that SEA, or anyone acting on behalf of SEA, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: SEA reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, SEA may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by SEA. SEA reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
SEA has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, SEA reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from SEA. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless SEA and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF The United States AND California WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved using an arbitration service. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- 13. Winners List: To obtain a physical copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to SEA.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is:
1835A S. Center City Pkwy, #324
Escondido, CA 92025